MALDEN – U.S. Representatives Katherine Clark and Grace Meng will join the Greater Malden Asian American Community Coalition (GMAAC), youth leaders, experts, and local officialsThursday evening, May 14, to discuss the recent surge of anti-Asian violence and discrimination due to COVID-19 and what can be done at this time to combat racism in our communities.
The panel discussion will be followed by a community Q & A session, and both Cantonese and Mandarin interpretation will be provided.
Rep. Meng is the author of House Resolution 908 to denounce the anti-Asian sentiment as related to COVID-19, which can be viewed here.
- Rep. Clark (MA-5), Vice Chair of the House Democratic Caucus
- Rep. Meng (NY-6), First Vice Chair of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC)
- Dr. Kim Truong, Executive Director of the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the MGH Institute of Health Professions
- Andrew Leong, Professor at UMass Boston
- Thomas Tran, Student Leader at Wah Lum Kung Fu & Tai Chi Academy, Malden
- Jean Wu,Sarah Rittling, Former Dean and Professor at Tufts University
The event is from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Original story here.